If you have a Samsung Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus, it is very common to forget your password and need to reset it. You can reset the password of the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus by performing a factory reset. This will erase all data and files on your smartphone. If you don’t have your Samsung Galaxy backup, there are several options to reset the password. Here are three ways to reset the lock screen password of your Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus phones after they get locked out.
Factory Reset Password to Reset Password
- Turn off Galaxy S20
- To see the Android icon, press and hold the Volume downbutton and the Home buttons at the same time.
- Use the Volumedownselect wipe data/factory reset option, and then press the Power to select it.
- To select the Volume up, use the Hide button.
- The Powerbutton can be used to select the Galaxy S20 after it has been rebooted.
- Everything will be reset after the Galaxy S20 restarts.
You can read this guide to learn how to factory-reset the Galaxy. Important: Before you perform a factory reset on your Galaxy S20+ Plus or Galaxy S20+ Plus, make sure you have backed up all data to avoid any data being lost.
Reset Password With Samsung Find My MobileAn alternative method would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), which is similar to Find My iPhone. You can temporarily reset your password using the “Remote Controls”, feature of the Samsung Galaxy S20. This will also bypass the lock screen of the Galaxy S20. You should register the Galaxy S20 at Samsung as soon possible.
- Register the Galaxy S20 for Samsung
- You can temporarily reset your password using the Find My Mobile Service
- You can bypass the lock screen by using the new temporary password
- Create a new password
Password reset with Android Device Manager
If you have already registered your Galaxy S20+ Plus with Android Device Manage, then the first step to reset your password on the Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus will be to activate the “Lock” feature. You can reset the password by activating the Lock feature in Android Device Manger. You can use the “Lock” feature of Android Device Manger to reset your Galaxy S20 password if you forgot it on the Galaxy S20+ Plus. Follow these steps:
- You can access the Google Device Manager on a computer
- Locate your Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus devices on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Next, follow the instructions on the page to lock the phone
- Use a temporary password
- Use the temporary password
- Change your password