If you have some extra time on your hands and want to take on a quick and simple project without spending tons of money then we have a great DIY project for you. If you like the idea of a wooden step stool but don’t want to pay the ridiculous prices at the store, you can always get a used one and complete a makeover for the wooden step stool.
Below we will share the steps to make a new wooden step stool out of something that is in need of a refresh. The following is a list of things that you will need to create yourself a brand new wooden step stool for this DIY project.
- Get your self a wooden step stool
- Sand down the wooden step stool a little
- Clean up any small dirt or debris on the stool
- Turn over the step stool so that the bottom of it is facing up
- Use the spray paint to cover the wooden step stool (make sure to use even coats)
- Wait a few hours so the step stool can dry out
- Either you a stencil or free hand the designs that you would like to use for your wooden step stool
- Add a clear top coat to the wooden step stool
- You have now created your very own wooden step stool for your house
After you have finished the steps from above, you now have yourself a stunning new wooden step stool, better than what you could find at the store. To be honest for those people that have a very specific taste, by making your own wooden step stool you can customize it to your hearts desire.
Let us know if you plan to use this guide to make your own step stool. If you come up with any cools designs send some pictures and we would love to share it with others looking for some inspiration.